Milling Machine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clive of india

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum and was wondering what the general opinion is of the homemade wood milling machine as shown.
Has anyone out there ever built it and how did it perform, I've never owned a lathe so can't compare.
Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 5
Wow what an amazing machine, do you have the plans or know where to get them, I'd like to add it to the list of things I'm never going to build!

Welcome to the forum.

Rather than spending an inordinate amount of time making a very specialized machine look around for a Trend Router Lathe. There have been discussions about them in the forum so do a search to find the threads. They are not to my knowledge made anymore but come up on the used market every now and then on this forum and auction sites. It will let you get an idea of what can be done and if you really want to pursue them you can build the wood one, bigger if needed, or get a Legacy Ornamental Mill, a much more capable but rare and expensive machine.

Pete

Hi Pete

Thank you for your reply, I don’t mind the amount of time, I’m retired and was thinking of building it as a project, I just wonder if anyone had built one and how well it worked.

Back