Milling Machine Light

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel Taylor

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've just made a light for the milling machine using Angel Eyes, these are the circular LED arrays that are fitted around car headlights. Cheap to buy and powered by a 12V transformer

angel-eyes-03.jpg

I made a lightshade and fixed it to the spindle on the Sieg SX2.7

angel-eyes-10.jpg

More details of the build etc for the Sieg SX2.7 Angel Eyes - might be useful though for a number of other machine tools

Nice job and thanks for the heads up on the angel eyes, very useful and new to me.
That site is also very appealing with great prices.
I cant get the roxy music song out of my head now...

Just been end milling a piece of 1/4 inch mild steel to make a former for the brass panels on the traction engine.

Had to take this image as the lighting with this circular light is superb - I think the spread in the light is also helped a lot by the 15° shade angle
sieg-sx2.7-light-endmilling.jpg

Great build and ring lights are a photographers favorite for several uses (e.g. macro photography) but is it as blue green as the photos look on my mobile ?

You can buy a ring shaped selfie light now, USB or mains powered in various sizes, very cheap and all wired and ready to use.

Back