Mikes Blades.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Praise the Lord. The blades finally arrived today from Mike's workshop, they are brilliant. I have a few more to try from the selection I received but very soon I shall be ordering a gross of each. Back to the scroll saw.

Geoff.

Thanks Blister. Thanks DaveyP, your law of averages is spot on. You must have a degree in it. I wont be so bothered when i place the big order in a couple of weeks with Mike as I will have plenty to be going on with now. Hopefully the order from hobbies will be here tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest, wish i had ordered more tubes now to keep them all in. Gill reckons the Hobbies blades are the same as FD blades so that will be a bonus. I notice there is quite a saving by buying them by the gross from Mike. I am keen to try out his ultra reverse, he sent me a couple to try out. Thanks again.

I am keen to try out his ultra reverse, he sent me a couple to try out

Who ever said that the art of salesmanship was dead .. :D

In my humble opinion the UR blades are the best ever.

Chippygeoff":2q12xvqe said:
Thanks Blister. Thanks DaveyP, your law of averages is spot on. You must have a degree in it. I wont be so bothered when i place the big order in a couple of weeks with Mike as I will have plenty to be going on with now. Hopefully the order from hobbies will be here tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest, wish i had ordered more tubes now to keep them all in. Gill reckons the Hobbies blades are the same as FD blades so that will be a bonus. I notice there is quite a saving by buying them by the gross from Mike. I am keen to try out his ultra reverse, he sent me a couple to try out. Thanks again.

I don't believe the Hobbies "Niqua" blades are the same, I have both. I think it's the same company making them, though. The Niqua blades are nice but when you look at the teeth through a lens they are slightly less uniform and look less sharp. That's also how they feel in the saw. I use the Hobbies blades when I want a less aggressive cut, for example, when cutting very light aero plywood.

Back