middle of lidl clamp / rail £10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/parkside-clamp-sawing-guide-rail/p35974
picked one up earlier, seems pretty good, not used yet in a build, but as a test of the clamp strength I clamped it to a workmate and a dining chair, was able to pick up both items with the clamp so a decent grip (no kg rating that i could see), certainly good enough to secure for a cut or as a replacement for a sash clamp in a pinch. Grab em while you can.

It (well mine) has some small sway (side to side) movement at full extension in the middle (if you are heavy handed :whistle:*whistles). If you are using as a saw, router guide on sheet goods etc thats easily remedied by using two or an off cut and an fcramp etc in the middle to brace. For the price I think they are OK.
A long spirit level and two speed cramps will do the same job though if you already have one but cost a lot more! I personally wouldn't want to cramp with them other than just for holding.
Just hobby boy opinions mind. :)

I might nip out and see if I can get a couple - really as lightweight sash-cramps.

The length at 1m capacity falls short for 8 x 4 sheet material - I've got an Axminster rail clamp for that.

Ive had one of these for years. Once upon a time i used it as a saw guide. Was a pain in the buttocks most of the time. Now its clamped to a beam on the roof of the garage with a light hung of it. For this purpose its amazing.

Strange thing about the Parkside tools from Lidl is that some people love them and others go out of there way to rubbish them.
I have had that guide rail for several years and it does all I would expect from it.
At least your trip to Lidl this week was cheaper than mine I purchased the pillar drill, I have been toying with buying the Bosch version for a long time but realy could not justify the price so far I am happy with my purchase.
Should just add that I am a fan of the Parkside tools and have purchased quite a few in recent years and have never felt let down.

Last edited:
Strange thing about the Parkside tools from Lidl is that some people love them and others go out of there way to rubbish them.

I bought an oscillating multitool, parkside, awful, couldn't grip the blade for more than 10 seconds before it fell off, again and again. Returned the next day. I will say that they never have any problem taking stuff back. I have a florabest (parkside garden) 20v pruning saw, it's not amazing but its fine for the money. I doubt i'll get another parkside powertool, but I'm happy enough to get the occasional hand tool.

It (well mine) has some small sway (side to side) movement at full extension in the middle (if you are heavy handed :whistle:*whistles). If you are using as a saw, router guide on sheet goods etc thats easily remedied by using two or an off cut and an fcramp etc in the middle to brace.

Thanks For the warning I'll try to keep an eye on that, I did wonder whether it was a bit on the narrow side
I might nip out and see if I can get a couple - really as lightweight sash-cramps.

The length at 1m capacity falls short for 8 x 4 sheet material - I've got an Axminster rail clamp for that.
It is an odd length, oversize for most jobs, yet not long enough for the all important boards. I'd rather have paid a bit more for the additional length, but the maybe the flex would be just too much

I bought one, too much lateral play to use as a saw or router guide, IMO, but will be useful for cramping/clamping. I have an expensive one I bought some years back which is rock-solid, and long enough to span a 4ft 1220mm board.

I have 3 Parkside 10-12v tools from Lidl with batteries that are the shape of the tool body & fit on the end. Two failed to charge properly or would cut out but as they were over 12 months old Lidl would only refer me to the manufacturer. So much for their 3 year guarantee.
No problem with the Aldi/Workzone cordless tools.

I've got one of these clamps and saw guides. I use it occasionally to guide my circular saw when cutting large sheets. I agree, it's a bit lightweight, but so far it has done the job well enough. There's no point in buying something just because it's a bargain if it doesn't work, but this has been OK and I'm glad I bought it. At £9.99 the saw guide wasn't a big financial risk, but I'm a bit more circumspect about buying Lidl's power tools, especially as it might prove impossible to get replacement batteries.

As suggested above I did nip out and buy a couple of these . . . last 2 in the shop. Look like good value for a tenner apiece.

A bit of fettling today and it looks quite simple to create a wider "plate" with plywood at the sliding end to get a better non-lateral-movement fit on the edge of the material - a bit like this UJK Wide Jaw Blocks - they used to do a wider model (that I have) but I can't see that in the catlog.

Back