Microsoft - GRRRRR!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just got my new laptop it is pre-installed with Microsoft Office 2010 - just needs me to enter my 25 digit activation code or so I thought.

We had bought 2010 and upgraded to 2011 previously but as it was installed on 4 computers,my old one, my wifes and both the kids I now find that the activation code will not accept and looks like I am going to have to re-buy

What a con - no wonder Bill Gates is as wealthy as he is!

:evil: :evil:

OK Mr B don't rub it in!! - Yes I wanted a *** but SWMBO wouldnt let me have one!! :(

Dodge":3s2xa49o said:
Having just got my new laptop it is pre-installed with Microsoft Office 2010 - just needs me to enter my 25 digit activation code or so I thought.

We had bought 2010 and upgraded to 2011 previously but as it was installed on 4 computers,my old one, my wifes and both the kids I now find that the activation code will not accept and looks like I am going to have to re-buy

What a con - no wonder Bill Gates is as wealthy as he is!

:evil: :evil:
If you erased it from the old one then you can probably get a new code by calling microshaft. That is assuming that installing on more than 1 computer at a time is within the licence. If you have *** I know it is if bought from the *** app store. With microshaft I don't know.

Jonzjob":1j86fs0i said:
You could always instal Open Office?... Compatable with Mikrosaft too..
Almost, but not quite in my experience.
And the user interface is sufficiently different to really annoy me when I try to use it after using Microsoft Office at work.
If everyone used Open Office then it would be fine, but they don't so I actually bought Microsoft Office some time ago.

sometimewoodworker":3pkz88s4 said:
If you erased it from the old one then you can probably get a new code by calling microshaft. That is assuming that installing on more than 1 computer at a time is within the licence. If you have *** I know it is if bought from the *** app store. With microshaft I don't know.
Depends on the terms of the particular licence you buy from Microsoft.

Unless you have a 4 licence pack, I don't see how you can complain about this situation. You buy Office and it comes with one licence which means you can run it on one PC. Microsoft, like many other software companies allow more than one activation event to allow for rebuilds and loading onto a new PC etc.

If you have 4 licences then a short phone call to MS should get the limitation removed and you up and running again. Their help is actually pretty good in my experience.

Latest posts

Back