microclene filters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dave
Welcome to the forum.

It's a good question and I'm afraid I don't know the answer. Certainly you could wash it, bit I don't know if it would get damaged in the process. I do know that the cloth filters on some DXs have an electrostatic coating as part of their filtration system and that washing them destroys this. I don't know if the Microclene is like that or not.
Good bit of kit though, isn't it?
S

Steve Maskery":3sjwmh76 said:
Hi Dave
Welcome to the forum.

It's a good question and I'm afraid I don't know the answer. Certainly you could wash it, bit I don't know if it would get damaged in the process. I do know that the cloth filters on some DXs have an electrostaic coating as part of their filtration system and that washing them destroys this. I don't know if the Microclene is like that or not.
Good bit of kit though, isn't it?
S
thanks for coming back, just wanted to make sure first i think i will get some new ones and try to wash the old one and see what happens ps its a good filter. Im a diy wood turner.

If I were you, I'd take out the old one and clean it by shaking it into the bin, then hanging it on the line and beating it like a carpet in the old-fashioned way. Just make you that you nor anything vulnerable to dust is down-wind! Or you could use a vacuum cleaner (and yes, I do realise that that just moves it from one filter to another).
S

Washing them does clean them but it also makes the holes bigger so instead of filtering down to 0.5 micron they will be a lot coarser and therefore not as good.

What I do with mine is hover them with the brush nozzle and the reducer valve on the vac open, this removes some of the dust without affecting the filter.

The filter for these are quite cheap so replacing them is not too much of a problem.

john

Latest posts

Back