Micro Lathe Identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug N

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently picked up this mini lathe for doing small items, locally off Gumtree. It all seems to work fine, but the mystery is that there is no makers name anywhere on the machine. On the front it says 'Micro Lathe' but I can't find anything specific online for that. Being a novice with this kind of lathe I was hoping to find a manual, but no joy. Does anyone recognise this machine or have any idea who the makers might be? Would be useful to know in case I need spare parts in future. Would I be right in thinking that as far as using the lathe goes that all these small lathes are used in pretty much the same way?

Thanks in advance.

Doug Micro Lathe 2.jpgMicro Lathe.jpg

It's likely it's a SIEG C1 (or clone). A large percentage of branded metal lathes sold these days are one of the SIEG range, be it a C0, C1, SC2, C3-300, SC4, and offered (in various paint schemes) by Axminster, Clarke, (I think) Warco, and many US names.

Arc Euro Trade have spare parts: C1 Lathe Spares - Arc Euro Trade

The lathe looks like one of the imports available from Alibaba.

Thanks Mike - that's the one. I picked it up with a few extras for roughly half Alibaba price (Ex shipping) so I'm happy with that. It'll only get light use from me so should last me a good while.

Nice to know where it came from. Another poster has given me a good link for spares too.

Regards

Doug

It's likely it's a SIEG C1 (or clone). A large percentage of branded metal lathes sold these days are one of the SIEG range, be it a C0, C1, SC2, C3-300, SC4, and offered (in various paint schemes) by Axminster, Clarke, (I think) Warco, and many US names.

Arc Euro Trade have spare parts: C1 Lathe Spares - Arc Euro Trade
Thanks sploo. That link is just what I needed. I don't need any parts at present but very handy to know where I can get them when needed.

Regards

Doug

Latest posts

Back