micro adjustable bandsaw fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulrich

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 25 year old Ulmia bandsaw and always missed a microadjusting feature, for example when sawing tenons. The solution has brought for me an idea in Mark Duginske's "Bandsaw Handbook", which I realized this week. Maybe my solution is of interest for other forum readers, too: It consists of two small boards angled on the tablesaw with a tapering jing in a 1:20 ratio. That means, that by moving the two angled surfaces against one another for 10 mm I get a sideways movement of 0,5 mm. So I can easily adjust this fence in 1/10 mm-steps or even more precisely if necessary.

Regards
Ulrich

anschlag_bands%E4ge_4_kompr.jpg

Yes, Ray,

I really recommend the "Bandsaw Book". For me the tips and hints of Mark Duginske were especially helpful, since in Germany a kind of "a bandsaw has to work out of the box" attitude is very common. This attitude applies to most other woodworking tools, too - with the exception of hand tools. Since I have a weekness for old machines, I was glad to find here much advice as for tuning a bandsaw and for building jigs for this tool, which you would never find in German woodworking books.

Ulrich

I viewed his DVD on machine usage the other day and noted his idea on 'micro adjudstemt' - that is to use pieces of paper. so that you strat with say 10 (at .004" each, I seem to remember) and remove these until you get the required result. Seemed like a very simple and effective idea to me, without the expense of micro-adjusting hardware.

Philip

Back