MFT style cutting / assembly bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the feeling, I got completely sidetracked with other more pressing jobs (as instructed by the wife lol).
Although its bugging me so much now that I'm thinking of doing it over christmas as a quick mini project.
I think i'm going to buy the MFT style top from CNC design as its only £40 and comes with some machined aluminium dogs to boot.
I just need to measure up, buy some adjustable feet and the top, then find some time to actually build it.
I'm going to try and maximise the storage underneath as thats my biggest gripe with my current out feed table.

If the first goes well then I may build one on castors for a infeed table that I can roll into position when needed, would help with the bigger assembly jobs too.

I got stuck into redoing two bedrooms and then our bathroom.

I am intending to make 3 columns of systainer storage on one side and possibly the same on the other or I might just go for trays or drawers. I've already got Parf dogs and clamps so all I really need is some MDF, Space and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My custom MFT top is 25mm mrmdf. The clamps will fit if you force them. It wouldn't be too hard to round over all holes to make them fit easy. I might get 18mm next time but think I may miss the weight.

You use the exact holes with dogs to line up the wood and the track saw guide.

05G4950s03.jpg

Or the actual MFT has a guide rail which is 90 degrees to the length of the table.

I have been using an eBay special clone of the MFT perforated top, but it's wearing out & I'm after a few more features now that I've used it a bit & know what's useful to me & what isn't.

I'm about to build a new workbench based on a Ron Paulk / Holzwerken / MFT mashup.

I have the Plywood & the UJK/Parf system & in 1 week I will have the time to dedicate to it!

I'll bung a few progress photo's on here as I go.

Back