Mfslab (MFT) ; who uses one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

After much searching for a cheaper alternative to the MFT/3, for use with my Mafell MT55 track saw, I discovered MFSlab. My 25mm m.r. mdf is in the cnc shop at the moment.

I plan on getting dogs, rail guides and fence from UK bench dogs.

The table is approx 5ft x 3ft and 20.1mm diameter dog holes, at 96mm centres.

Need the saw horses now, although I'm not certain of whether to use saw horses or a fixed base (with castors to move around shop) as this will rarely leave my workshop.

Just wondering if anybody has an MFSlab or even an alternate MFT3 and what way did you build the base? Also, it seems UK bench dogs are the only source for mafell track dogs, at least where no modification of festool/makita is required, is this correct? UK bench dogs look pretty well made though so i may just proceed with ordering all from there.

Thanks

Prizen":2losjhx5 said:
Just wondering if anybody has an MFSlab or even an alternate MFT3 and what way did you build the base?

I really like the MFSlab idea, in particular the way it rests on trestles which means you can have a tool shelf underneath. My MFT table has an extension table and I've fitted a small tool shelf to that, but I'm still short of space to store sanders or routers, two tools where I'll often have several machines on the go at once.

Saw-01.jpg

One other point, if I were using the MFSlab for site work I'd run some hardwood lipping around at least three sides, you don't have to bump MDF hard on the edge before it bruises and then the flatness is lost.

Attachments

• Saw-01.jpg
    Saw-01.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 814
Thanks. In fact credit goes to Peter Millard who has inspired all of this.

I plan on using some modified irwin quick grip clamps to deal with the 25mm top thickness.

Tks for the idea on lipping. If i can get my hands on some maple I think that's be nice

Back