Metric Style and Rail cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neocleous

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking to make some shaker style doors and if I can find one that suits me I would like to use a rail and style cutter like this one from Axminster

My problem with this particular cutter and the others I have found is that it is imperial so there is too much slop in the panel, also rather than using a 6mm panel I would like to be able to use 9 or 12mm.

Is there anywhere that makes metric cutters or better still customisable ones where you can swap the bearings and slot cutters to make different size profiles?

Thanks

Have you looked at the Wealdon one? If Wealdon can’t supply what you need it probably doesn’t exist!

Thanks for the tip,

I’ve just taken a look and they do seem to have both but not quite what I want so I’m happy to concede it doesn’t exist which surprises me!

Neocleous":jny94ejr said:
Thanks for the tip,

I’ve just taken a look and they do seem to have both but not quite what I want so I’m happy to concede it doesn’t exist which surprises me!

I have an unused rail and stile cutter set listed in the for sale section f you're interested

Jonathan S":3ri7v6zu said:
I've got something like this for shaker doors https://www.scosarg.com/cmt-7pc-groove- ... -set-s-1-2

Can be adjusted to any size panel.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the link! This seems to be the one although it's still bloody imperial!
https://www.scosarg.com/adjustable-shak ... 2-7-d-4455

I would imagine that the cutters and bearings could be changed for metric sized ones though. It's not clear in the description if there is a range of size possibilities with that cutter or just the minimum and maximum.

Done some research into that bit set and it looks like you can do carious sizes but not whole millimetres because it's imperial.

I think it could be shimmed to work though. Are there any other sets like this one that are metric out of the box?

Don't think metric or imperial makes any differents....the cutters can be stacked with shims between them.

I have verious cope and stick cutters and never once had one that is correct for panel size....most cutters are designed to work on a 6mm panel, I'm in Spain where you can't buy 6mm panels....it's all 9mm so everything is shimed or a double pass.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Back