Metabo Random Orbit Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
Just got the Rutlands catalogue through the door (yes I know Rutlands !!!) but they are selling the Metabo 6" random orbit sander for £149.95 including 2 free 24" Bessey uni-clamps.

It just so happens that I have been thinking about getting a new sander. I'd appreciate any advice as to whether this is a good tool and a good deal ?

Jeff

Jeff,

I think the answers to those two questions are "yes" and "do you feel lucky?". But I could be wrong about the first one. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Horrified to find herself actually tempted to try Rutlands again. For heaven's sakes, somebody talk me out of it before I live to regret it... :shock:

I rather liked the new Rutlands catalogue. I think they have some really useful and interesting things that aren't easily available elsewhere.
Now that they've sorted out their silly charging policy of taking money before goods are delivered, what makes them any different to other online stores?

MDF - have a look at other sanders too! I'm quite partial to the Bosch.

I bought my PC 7529 router and Delta thicknesser from Rutlands and received outstanding service and quick delivery.
When I broke the collet on the PC, they sent a replacement next day free of charge.

I appreciate that others have had less satisfactory experiences but I would have no hesitation in ordering from Rutlands again (maybe something from Incra?). If I had any spare money that is :cry:

Cheers

Tony

Hi Jeff

Mdotflorida":17ebarcb said:
Just got the Rutlands catalogue through the door (yes I know Rutlands !!!) but they are selling the Metabo 6" random orbit sander for £149.95 including 2 free 24" Bessey uni-clamps.

It just so happens that I have been thinking about getting a new sander. I'd appreciate any advice as to whether this is a good tool and a good deal ?

The tool is brilliant - the best there is. The deal is good but I think I've seen one a little better. I'll get back to you soon.

Cheers
Neil

Aragorn":3bx8kz1a said:
Now that they've sorted out their silly charging policy of taking money before goods are delivered
Is that a definite, confirmed change of policy then? I wasn't sure.

Cheers, Alf

Hi Jef

Sorry, I couldn't find what I was looking for.

The price seems pretty good but remember that they are the cheaper clamps.

DM-Tools are about the cheapest if you want the offer of the Metabo plus 50 pads at 139.98

Cheers
Neil

Cheers guys.

A pretty resounding thumbs up then. Now to decide, 2 clamps (and having to buy through Rutlands!!) or 50 sanding sheets ?

By the way Neil, Isn't this the week for your new toys ?

Jeff

Good Woodworking 142.
Comparative Group Test Professional 6inch Random Orbit Sanders.
Metabo SXE450 Duo Best On Test.
Spec box at end of test shows relevant info, speeds, weight noise level etc.

Need I say more? :shock:

Andy

andy king":2yzb7xvd said:
Good Woodworking 142.
Comparative Group Test Professional 6inch Random Orbit Sanders.
Metabo SXE450 Duo Best On Test.
Spec box at end of test shows relevant info, speeds, weight noise level etc.

Need I say more? :shock:

Andy

You could probably be justified in saying "If you were a subscriber, you wouldn't have to ask !!" :wink:

Cheers Andy

Alf":3qifsree said:
Aragorn":3qifsree said:
Now that they've sorted out their silly charging policy of taking money before goods are delivered
Is that a definite, confirmed change of policy then? I wasn't sure.

Cheers, Alf
Sorry - don't know for sure. That's been the way for my last couple of orders.
Can anyone else verify if they were charged for their recent orders at delivery time rather than order time??

Hi Jeff

I found the deal that I thought was cheaper, but the price didn't include carriage so it made it slightly more expensive than Rutlands. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

has any body noticed that Dewally do a 150mm dual orbit sander that appears to be a dead ringer for the metabo machine the only differences i notice are the £ (dewally premium) and its colour.
dave w

doesnt the metabo also come supplied with discs as well as the clamps 1

Neil":165ipnb2 said:
NeilCFD (feeling very proud about his shiny new wedding ring...)

Hey congratulations mate, - are you going to make a nice burr-walnut platform to keep it on whilst you are out in the workshop?

Adam

Back