Metabo Powermaxx screwdriver kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At Kempton Park, Makita were showing their new Lithium Ion batteried impact driver. It's tiny! Very small physically and very light but powerful and pretty darned expensive. They were doing a special on their regular impact driver which included three rather low capacity batteries and a drill - with a half hour charger - cant' remember all the prices, I think the package deal was £169.

Hi folks,

thanks for this review. I've had a close look at the Metabo Powermaxx at "my" store and wasn't too enthused about the ergonomics of this tool. It just doesn't feel right in my hands - but that's a matter of personal preferences.
However, I also tried the new Bosch GSR 10.8 V-LI and liked it a lot better.
Has anyone had the chance to do a side-by-side comparison of the Bosch and the Metabo?
Any general comments on the Bosch?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

PS: I don't really need another cordless drill but I'm interested in your advice.

Had a Powermax thing, sent it back, couldn't get comfortable holding it. Tried the Bosch a couple of weeks ago, feels good, battery technology far better. Although I didn't do a side by side comparison I'd say the Bosch felt slightly more torquey. If I needed one I'd get the Bosch.

Noel

Back