Metabo Powergrip screwdriver and flashlight

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought one of these sets recently from D&M, and was happy to pay £79. Now I see that they've got it as a web special for £69
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/store/newsear ... ge=&issue=
When I got mine I was initially surprised at how big it was, not suitable for woodworkers with small hands, but having got used to it I would not now be without it. Very handy when working in restricted spaces.I rather miss the variable speed that I have on my 12v Metabo, but the forward/reverse rocker switch is very useful.
The torch is bright, and in both cases the batteries seem to last for ages.
Overall rating- excellent. At the price, amazing
John

My father got one in France and I got to hold and inspect it the last time I visited. I too found the handle was too big, it was a little of a stretch to reach the toggle button.

Are there left of right handed versions?
I ask because both me and my father found it awkward to reach over the toggle button to press the screw In side (I hope you understand what I mean). For a right handed person, and especially because it is so thick in your hand, I think the screw In should be on the right (where you index finger is) and screw Out on the left.

Other than that I did think it looked really handy, especially with the belt you can get for it. Up a ladder you don't want something to heavy in your hand to off balance you for example :wink:

I know, CYC - I wish this deal had been around when we bought ours :cry:

I forgot to say, this deal doesn't include the torch.

NeilCFD

Latest posts

Back