Metabo planer/thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there own A metabo hc 260 planer/ thicknesser?,are they any good?.....I'm kind'a on A budget and am swaying between the metabo and the kity 439. Any advice? Phil.

The Metabo is the more powerful machine of the two and is much the same as many other badged Asian sourced 260 P/Ts. such as the Record, Draper, and SIP. I've had the SIP version for some while and highly recommend it. Does all I've asked of it and has been very reliable. The only consideration is the weight. I've had to equip mine with wheels as it's too heavy to move around otherwise.

Hi Roger,thanks for your reply.I've heard there can be problems with the fences not being straight on these kind of machines ,have you experienced this with your SIP ? Phil.

pswallace":i66sg0pk said:
Hi Roger,thanks for your reply.I've heard there can be problems with the fences not being straight on these kind of machines ,have you experienced this with your SIP ? Phil.

No not at all - very straight.

Back