Metabo planer fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been putting my planer thicknesser through it's trials, my worst fears were founded when it came to setting the
fence at 90degrees to the planer bed all was well until I came to tighten the fence then it pulls away at one end, I have heard about fences not being accurate and mine seems to be no exception. It is not an expensive industrial machine nor was it a cheap one does anyone else experience this problem is there any way of solving it, or do I just have to live with it.
would be grateful for any advice.

Harry.

Lumberman":1ukgf2wx said:
I have been putting my planer thicknesser through it's trials, my worst fears were founded when it came to setting the
fence at 90degrees to the planer bed all was well until I came to tighten the fence then it pulls away at one end, I have heard about fences not being accurate and mine seems to be no exception. It is not an expensive industrial machine nor was it a cheap one does anyone else experience this problem is there any way of solving it, or do I just have to live with it.
would be grateful for any advice.

Harry.

If it's the Metabo HC260 you have, I have a solution. I have a clone of this machine. I had the same problem with the fence. I finally fixed it by permanently fixing the fence at 90 degrees. I removed the adjustment lever and replaced it with a lock nut. I locked it at close to 90 degrees (it seemed impossible to get it to lock at exactly 90 degrees). After it was fixed, I loosened the bolts that hold the aluminium fence, and added paper shims until I got it to exactly 90 degrees at both ends (and middle) of the fence.

Back