Metabo orbital sander oscillation setting.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman-46

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently bought, second hand, a Metabo orbital sander which is doubtless a very solid piece of equipment. It seems that to alter the "finesse" of sanding you have to press a red button on the side and turn the disc until it clicks and then the oscillation is widened or narrowed. I am probably being really daft but I find it hard to distinguish visually the diference between the two settings. Does anyone own this type of sander and if so ,any advice? Thanks Jim

I also own this sander, i'm not sure if it's my eyes, but I can tell a difference when actually sanding an item, the disc doesn't get into action until there is some force applied, so maybe if you put it on the wood you might be able to gauge better what selection your own.

It's a great piece of kit though, and i'm sure you'll be as happy with it as I am

I've got one of these as well and they are a great piece of kit but I find it very hard to sort out which orbit is which - I always use a decent extractor plugged into the end which sucks up just about everything produced by the sander and the finish is so good I can't see any swirls left in the timber, so I probably need new gogs in that case - Rob

Hi, I have the same sander. the easy way is to look at the sanding disc when it is spinning (have the disc facing you not at the work)any little bits of dust on the disc will create little circles either 3mm wide or six mm wide when you look at the disc. if it is a new sheet of sandpaper you could try placing a small dot on the disc to show up the circle.Hope this helps.

Back