Metabo mitre saw ks216m damaged help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivenhov

Reaction score
Hi all

I recently purchased KS216M version 19216380 and after several days of use a small piece of wood went under the blade guard.
Luckily there was no injuries but the fragment damaged the guard, along with COVER DUST COLLECTOR (35) and and the bearing (49) numbers as on the pictures attached

I've already purchased necessary parts and installed it but I have some trouble with correct installation of the SWIVEL LEVER (21) so its top bearing slides on the blade guard.

Mine is currently in the position as on the picture, which I'm pretty sure is not right.
IMG_20210921_225443.jpg

I would appreciate if someone could send me some pictures showing correct position of the lever with the guard fully on and off, when there is no blade installed, so it's clear how lever engages with the guard.
Any help on this matter would greatly appreciated.

Metabo exploded pictures
csm_619216xx0_50199a_03__01_d0a0a16a67.png

csm_619216xx0_50199a_03__02_7838406513.png

Cheers
Daniel

Welcome to the forum Daniel. 66 views and no replies yet, probably means that no one has that saw. You would have got an answer if they did. You might still get a response yet.

Hi all.

I got a reply from Metabo service team which was very helpful.
I'm posting it here for future reference.

I got 2 pictures from them, nearly identical model (possibly slightly older generation)
The pictures show correct position of the swivel arm and its bearing in the saw guard.
More importantly it shows the position of the spring which brings the guard back to its normal position.

IMG-20210924-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210924-WA0001.jpg

For some reason on my machine was going on top of the spindle. I don't know how it ended up like that, but I was sure I put it the way it was.
I don't know if it got messed up somehow during the impact or was it just me.
Wrong position of the spring was precisely the reason I had troubles with putting it back together.

Now it works fine.

Big shout out to Nicholas @ Metabo UK Southampton for helping me with this.

Thanks to everyone for reading my post.

Cheers
Daniel

Latest posts

Back