• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Metabo DH330 Thicknesser. Like New Now Sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezman

Established Member
Reaction score
Metabo DH330 Benchtop Thicknesser.

I bought this in November last year, so it is still under manufacturers warranty.
20190615_142917 (2).jpg

As you can probably tell from the photo's, this is in as new condition. The specifications can be found here @ Metabo. https://www.metabo.com/uk/en/tools/semi ... esser.html

This machine has been flawless and I'm reluctant to sell it. The only reason I'm selling this is I've just ordered an AC250PT from Axminster and this is surplus to requirements.

It leaves a fantastic finish on anything I have put through it (oak, beech, cherry, pine, etc). It has had minimal use since I bought it. Probably 20 boards or less.
20190615_142950 (2).jpg

20190615_143039 (2).jpg

I have the box and packaging if you want it.

New P/T has been delivered so I'll reduce the price on this to help clear some space. Sold

Attachments

• 20190615_142917 (2).jpg
    20190615_142917 (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,133
  • 20190615_142950 (2).jpg
    20190615_142950 (2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,134
  • 20190615_143039 (2).jpg
    20190615_143039 (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,155
Hi,
What is the minimum thickness of wood that you can run through this machine?

Edit: What I want is to be able to push through 5 or 6mm and plane down to 3mm

Cheers,
Paul.

I don’t think you will find any machine that will go down to 3mm, however you can get around this problem by fitting a false bed out of mdf or similar, you can then go down to your required depth. Whether what you are putting through will make it to the other side without disintegrating is another matter.
Hope this helps.

Just thought I'd chip (no pun) in. I have the same machine and it is 5mm but, as mentioned, you can superglue/double side tape your timber to a piece of sheet material and plane it thinner.
Another bit of useful information, the manual says minimum length for pieces is 14" (pretty sure it says that) but I've had no issues feeding 12" pieces through. Just taking a light bite to be safe, wouldnt like to go any shorter than that though.
Good luck with the safe, its a great bit of kit.

Hi Guys,
Thank you for the input.
I'm sure I read somewhere that one of these machines cuts to 2mm, but now I think I probably got that mixed up with cut depth #-o

Good tips on packing it up.

For information, can you confirm that Metabo warranties are transferrable ?
From my reading the additional 3 year warranty cover that comes free with all their new tools requires registration within a few weeks of purchase and copy of proof of purchase ?
Thanks

Hi Sideways,

I think only Metabo could confirm that . You could contact them on [email protected] from their website to check if your interested.

I joined a facebook group Metabo Uk Talk group and most of them rave about the great customer service from Metabo UK (for balance there has been some negative views too though) - but my two metabo tools have worked flawlessly so cannot comment personally.

Ian

Hi Fran, PM not being helpful tonight - I'm seeing your messages.

Anyhoo - I'm in S72 0BH - let me know when you would like to come over. I'm free this and next weekend.

Back