Metabo dh 330 fault

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcrowe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought the metabo at the weekend and it arrived damaged. I've attached a photo. Company have offered to refund, replace or if it is still working that they can offer me a discount on it. Just wondering if any more knowledgeable people can tell me of the damage which is at the top will impact on the machine. The only way I can see it impacting is when raising the cutter up to the top for thicker workpieces. They haven't got back to me about what discount they will offer but if its significant and won't impact on the working order it might be worth it. I used it for several pieces of teak and iroka and worked fine as far as I could tell.

Thanks in advance.
Tiarnan

Attachments

• IMG_20220619_120723.jpg
    IMG_20220619_120723.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220619_120624.jpg
    IMG_20220619_120624.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220620_091840.jpg
    IMG_20220620_091840.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0
It would bug me so I'd have them replace it.
or
Find out the cost of the buying the replacement part from Metabo, inc shipping. Double it to cover your time and aggravation in fitting it and use that as your target discount. I'll bet you decide you want £100 off and they won't offer you that much :)

It would bug me so I'd have them replace it.
or
Find out the cost of the buying the replacement part from Metabo, inc shipping. Double it to cover your time and aggravation in fitting it and use that as your target discount. I'll bet you decide you want £100 off and they won't offer you that much :)
Cheers for that. I've no idea even what the part is haha! You're probably right they wont offer that much. I have to say it wouldn't bother me once the machine is still working. I'd also want to make sure any other faults that develop will be covered.

New machine? Even if it works ok, if that was mine the defect would bug me every time I saw it. Plus the resale value is affected. Get it swopped.

I know nothing about planers but that part looks to me like a tin cover,,,is it something that you could take off and straighten out?
Steve.

It is not clear whether the small gap which has opened up on the right hand side is simply a damaged top cover or whether the side has twisted slightly or bent.

Underneath the tin ware are four columns + two screws to raise/lower the top/motor. - these should all be parallel. I would be concerned if these have been distorted if the machine was dropped at some point.

Back