METABO BANDSAW ANY GOOD ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I am after a bandsaw and have seen these knocking around some second hand .
is metabo a good make ? As a scrollsawer I not sure what makes are any good and what to be avoided !

also anyone know of any other makes they could give me advice on would be great

I haven't a lot of room to fit in but could manage a small to medium on a stand but not a all singing and dancing huge beast !

I only cut soft wood most if the time up to maximum 50mm but would like something that could do a bit more but dont want to waste money on a expensive over powered machine that I will never use to full capability

I could stretch to 300 but budget tight as need other equipment aswell

Thanks for help mark

I have a Elektra Beckum (Metabo) BAS316G

I bought it second hand and it has been excellent. I spent a bit of time setting it up making it true and flat but once I did that it has worked really well. It's solid, well built, fairly quiet and smooth. The biggest timber I've cut on it so far is only 4 inch thick oak and it handled it really well, even cutting arcs.

I'd have another one ... in a breath.

ok thanks i heard of electra beckam and people mentioned on here i assumed they be out my price range, the one i looking at is just called metabo ? cant see anything else it model bas317 looks pretty good and solid just wondered if they were related and any good ?

Mark

Back