Memory man

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
No, not Lesley Walsh, but close;

We're selling odds and ends. A couple arrive to buy a chest of drawers. he says to me "we've met before".
Not in my world mate.
"Yes we have, you came into my car showrooms".

Long wait for my brain to turn over.....
Yes, youre right, I did. I looked at a car but did not buy it, by the way, that was FIVE YEARS AGO :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was in there for less than 5 minutes.
The man should be on a TV quiz show.

He only remembers the ones that stand out. Think back. Did you remember to put pants on that day or was it one of THOSE days.

There is a book on my shelf (somewhere I forget where exactly) called "How to develop a Super-Powered Memory", by Harry Lorayne. It's a good read. Various memory systems, it's all technique, not magic. He would perform in theaters (sic), greet each member of the audience as they came in and then proceed to name every one of them from the stage.
I got up to 100 objects, at one time.
The book actually belongs to my mate Brian but I keep forgetting to give it back...

I went to the registry office of to arrange our wedding. The registrar looked at my name and said you're ******'s boy, aren't you? (I was 33). Yes, I said. Thought so ............ I registered your father's marriage, and my father registered your grandfather's.

There's memory and there's the exponential experience of living in Cornwall Phil.

5 years ago (unlike today) I know i wasnt senile. :shock:
5 years ago he never got my name or address. (hammer)
He's not the kind of bloke to read mind improvement books between car sales. :roll:
Its even a big multi main dealer on the biggest road in town 10 miles away that must have many callers every day. Theres NOTHING that would have caused him to remember my very brief visit.
Except maybe when he tried to get me into a 4 year old astra and I physically could not get into the drivers seat due to the ridiculously sloped back A pillar. 8)

It works the other way round.

4 years ago I bought a new car, the process took 9 months in total with many visits, emails & phone calls. All for good reason, as the car had only just been launched.

I picked up the car, great day, and not only did I have a new car, I had a new sales buddy by the way he acted.

2 weeks later I went into the showroom to get a boot liner. While waiting the salesman approached me and asked me if he could help? He clearly had forgotten who I was. I explained a was picking up a boot liner for the brand new car he had sold me 2 weeks earlier. Now, I seriously think he had a brain fart as he tried to process that information and he made his excuses and off he skipped.

As we left the showroom a couple of minutes later, he re-appeared shouting "See ya Geoff mate, enjoy the car"

He obviously knew how to search his completed orders file!

It used to be called a "Farley file" :lol: :lol:
He was everybody's best friend. 8)

Back in 1953, the Catholic Church in the UK held a Vocations Exhibition at Olympia. Our local church arranged a coach trip to see it and I went with my mother. As we were walking round, with a large crowd milling about, a nun came up to my mother and addressed her by her maiden name. She was a nun from the convent school that my mother had gone to for three years and left in 1925, 28 years’ earlier. My mother was astonished and asked how the nun remembered her bearing in mind how many girls had passed though the school over the years. The nun said that there were always some who always stuck in your mind not necessarily because they were extremely bright or disobedient and my mother was one of them.

Back