Members photography..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hudson Carpentry":2zk9ezc1 said:
sometimewoodworker what depth was you at to get the first shot??
I'm not sure but it was probably between 10 and 20 meters in the coral sea near Australia.

I do have a couple from about 45 to 50 meters that I like, taken in the Philippines one of a small sea snake, the other of a puffer fish, both around a wreck.

But most are between 5 and 25 meters with the majority in the 5 to 10 meter depth

Some beautiful photography here guys!

Way back in the 80s life was far harder using film...and a tad more expensive! :mrgreen:

I remember spending hundreds on film...getting it clip tested...printing....the works...

Thank heaven for digital....although still not a patch on film...it has come a long way.

Here are some old and new ones I have taken...

annaportrait1.jpg

A great friend...Anna...a portrait on the beach...

Sunset_at_Adam_and_Eve_Belek_1.jpg

Sunset...Belek Turkey...digital

ampi5.jpg

Amphitheatre - Pula Istria - Croatia digital

annebw1.jpg

Her indoors....Portrait...Tri-X pushed to 1600ASA

botanybay2.jpg

Botany Bay...Kent digital

roses.jpg

Roses...digital

Got to go to work now but will dig out more old ones later...

Jim

I pointed my Brownie 127 at the moon and got this below. Don't know how they got there, but they are marvelous these (fairly) modern cameras

footprints.jpg

Then another day, I was pedaling up the Khyber Pass with my 127 on the handlebars and guess what?

mont_ventoux.jpg

Here are some attempts I had at fireworks 2010. It was a home bonfire.

Using a f3.5 Lens I got this large firework at focal point 30mm, its a shame I didn't catch the whole firework. Taken in manual mode with the aperture set to f8, shutter 4.0 (fired as the firework lit) and the ISO dialed at 100.
fireworks.jpg

This one is a cluster of fireworks yet each firework was set off on there own one after another. With the camera in manual and shutter set at Bulb, focus on manual infinity, f8, 30mm focal and ISO 100, I had the camera set up on a tripod with remote trigger and a piece of black card over the lens.

The idea is as each firework shoots up you remove the card to expose the shot then replace the card again (trying not to knock the lens). The result is multiple fireworks in one shot without photoshop!
fireworksCluster.jpg

When fireworks go wrong.
The guy didn't nail the Catherine wheel on properly, we didn't let him do anymore.
cWheel.jpg

Attachments

• fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 164
  • fireworksCluster.jpg
    fireworksCluster.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 164
  • cWheel.jpg
    cWheel.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 164
You can see some of my photos on my personal website. There's quite a lot from Scotland as I've been on a couple of Photography holidays. Here are some from Glencoe: http://jslandscapedesign.co.uk/photogra ... 201.album/

I had a Canon EOS3 but it broke, very disappointingly and wasn't worth fixing given the age of digital so I now have a Canon 40d. Don't do as much as I used to.

Jensmith":1ltk46ka said:
You can see some of my photos on my personal website. There's quite a lot from Scotland as I've been on a couple of Photography holidays. Here are some from Glencoe: http://jslandscapedesign.co.uk/photogra ... 201.album/

I had a Canon EOS3 but it broke, very disappointingly and wasn't worth fixing given the age of digital so I now have a Canon 40d. Don't do as much as I used to.

Some great images there Jen esp the Inversnaid folders

and

snap
conwy0409044.jpg

conwy0409043.jpg

Jensmith":2swl9ttx said:

Some first class images there Jenn. I like your delicate watercolours too. Plus, the website design is pretty snazzy. Beats my "webs" site hands down!
I have a Pentax D210, DSLR which I bought because with it I can use my old simple SLR lenses in manual mode. Saved me buying Digital Zooms! Cheapskate I know!

Here's a link to some of my own artwork if you care to view.

http://www.freewebs.com/artwayze/

I am working on a photographic site, but I have to scour my drive for suitable images first!

Regards

John :D

John, thanks for you comments. My website is mostly my own design but my OH halped me with some background coding to set the style. He's a software engineer.

I love your watercolours. Particularily the 'Caught in the Rain' and 'That Rainy Day'. They are my kind of style.

Modernist":1vop3ipr said:
Jensmith":1vop3ipr said:

Some great images there Jen esp the Inversnaid folders

and

snap

Great minds think alike eh Brian!

Back