Members meeting at harrogate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Burgess

Established Member
Reaction score
Are BB members meeting at Harrogate??
I am taking my wife to two Japanese fabric courses so I have time on my hands in Harrogate to attend Friday & Saturday

On and off I'll be manning the Leeds College of Art and Design stand. Slainte.

Hi All

'BB members'?

I won't be at the show but we do have a stand there which will be manned by Mark Raby (our sales manager) with turning demonstrations by Shaun Pickett, an old friend of the company.

Feel free to use the stand as a meeting point and to say hello to Mark and Shaun while you're there. Mark hasn't been with us very long so be nice to him!

Hi All,

will be there on the sunday, picking up the bits its not worth packing away :D and taking back to the shop, hopefully at give away prices.

Cheers Neil

What a disappointment - about 60% of the size of Axminster but mainly manned by the resellers rather than the suppliers of the products - just not the same knowledge. Busy but only to 2pm when the majority left on the Friday. Comments from one stand - I will be lucky to do the turnover of the worse day at Axminster over the three days. The saturday morning was not as busy as the friday - no ques to get in. The main busy stands were the lots selling 'junk'(about 5 of them) -the seconds and rejects - they were doing a roaring business - one stand they started drinking beer at 10.30am in the morning and continued for the day.
Bought 2 X 1000mm Bessey clamps and some screws from Kreg and about £30 of rubbish. Very few show specials (good prices)
Spoke to Mark - Terry's new sales manager but no members arrived at noon.

I have got to agree with you Barry, it was a big disapointment for me too. I went looking for some bargains and didn't find much to buy. I did buy a couple of items but nto what I had intended as it was too expensive. I last visited this show about five years ago and was impressed then but not so now I am afraid. I was impressed with the Fox jointer on one of the stands though at a good price too. But I went for some sash cramp bargains and returned empty on that one. Oh well there is always the internet. :cry:

Kind of agree to. Most of the stands were geared towards wood turners. I went along hoping that there might be more stands with more (quality) hand tools. Apart from the Brimarc stand which had a bunch of veritas planes, the show was quite lacking. I was looking for a good set of mortise chisels and a new tennon saw. I found neither.

That said, I did manage to spend a whole bundle of cash on a couple of big items. Think I made a saving on both of them too. So, not all bad. Got lots more brochures to look though too!!

Andy

Back