Members in Worcestershire with treadle lathes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdg

Reaction score
Are there any members who use old treadle lathes in the Worcester area? I have recently got a 'Hobbies' treadle lathe /fretsaw and would welcome some advice and experience as I am new to this. Thanks, John

I'm not from Worcestershire -- I'm from Weymouth, but my query is on the same subject. I have just obtained a Hobbies treadle lathe from a local car boot sale and it has an incorrect pulley on the top spindle (looks like an old bodge job) and it doesn't properly line up with the drive wheel. Is there any chance that you could measure the pulley on yours and post the diameter of the two grooves so that I can attempt to make one up for my machine?

Hi. I have 2 versions of what I think is the Companion lathe .One stands about 27" tall and the othe 34" tall. Both have the same two pulley wheels at the top, 2" and 1 1/2" outer diameter. However, on the larger lathe, the pulleys are almost directly above the treadle wheel, yet on the smaller one, they are offset slightly towards the end of the lathe. This one was my first aquisition, and am not sure how much was original, but the pulley wheels do appear the same sizes.

Latest posts

Back