Melamine Sheet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaco

Established Member
Reaction score
Have any of you got any idea where I can buy sheets of melamine, I think that's what they call it the stuff that's on top of kitchen work surfaces etc, I'm sure you could buy sheets of it a few years back but I can't seem to find it anywhere now?

Or a I just being Dim... :shock:

seaco":29un3puu said:
Have any of you got any idea where I can buy sheets of melamine, I think that's what they call it the stuff that's on top of kitchen work surfaces etc, I'm sure you could buy sheets of it a few years back but I can't seem to find it anywhere now?

Or a I just being Dim... :shock:

I think what you are looking for is "Formica" or one of the equivalent brands.

No longer stocked in the DIY market since the advent of post formed worktops.

Look in your area for a trade plywood and sheet material supplier, if not in stock they can usually order it for you. Be prepared for price shock if you have not used it for some time, £30-50 per sheet dependant on grade, finish etc.

Seaco,

I see that you are in Somerset, so if you are within striking distance of Bristol, you can buy laminate sheets from Bristol Decorative Surfaces Ltd. (0117 954 2120).

They keep a good range of 10ft by 4ft sheets (they roll up for transport in the back of a car) and in November were charging £26.35 plus vat per sheet. Their contact adhesive is also good value at £10.96 plus vat for a 5 litre can.

Hope this helps.

Regards

David

paisawood":1es6egx4 said:
Seaco,

I see that you are in Somerset, so if you are within striking distance of Bristol, you can buy laminate sheets from Bristol Decorative Surfaces Ltd. (0117 954 2120).

They keep a good range of 10ft by 4ft sheets (they roll up for transport in the back of a car) and in November were charging £26.35 plus vat per sheet. Their contact adhesive is also good value at £10.96 plus vat for a 5 litre can.

Hope this helps.

Regards

David

Thanks David I'll be contacting them..... :)

Back