Media room update - photo heavy -

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
Large update on the Media room

Today is a big day, as the plasterers have started; we are also having the storage room plastered, so it’s a three day job for two people – this I have outsourced as it’s too big of a job for me and Son

I will show the progress of the plasterers over the three days as they progress. But let’s start with a short summary of what has been done so far

DSC_3198 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3199 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3200 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3263 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3264 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3267 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3268 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3272 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3275 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3278 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3285 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3286 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3291 by mcluma, on Flickr

This is what it looks like after the first day of plastering

DSC_3292 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3293 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3294 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3295 by mcluma, on Flickr

Day 2 on the plastering and it’s all done- they worked really hard, early start & late finish. I’m very happy with the finish, everything is flat and smooth. It needs 2 days of drying, so I guess it will have its first coat of paint on Saturday

DSC_3297 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3298 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3299 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3302 by mcluma, on Flickr

The storage room at the end of the media room

DSC_3300 by mcluma, on Flickr

DSC_3301 by mcluma, on Flickr

Nice plastering ! I like a bit of plastering ...thats my trade for my sins...

You will find the odd spot may need more than 2 days drying time to be fair I would have said 3-4 but looking at it , it looks like multi finish on board so you may get away with it. Try not to dry it out too quickly central heating , heaters etc,you don't want it to crack....looks a great space by the way...

We will let it dry till after the weekend, first we start with painting the DVD storage shelves, and prepare some decorative oak strips

The framing timber looked to be green, impregnated wood? Is that a requirement in UK? In Finland we never use tanalized wood indoors. The walls did not seem insulated either, or was there insulation behind the plywood?

Nice looking space though, the the 1/2 story high rooms are always a challenge, much more difficult to build, finish & furnish than normal height rooms. Are you planning to have some cabinets in there, what kind?

All construction timber as used in the house build is tanalized.
The wall at the end of the room is just a divider wall between the media room and the storage room, that has been insulated prior to us putting the plasterboard on to give it a better sound damping.

There will be plenty of dvd storage, which will be all arround the sides, they have been build and are currently been painted. We have quite some dvd's to store 8)

Latest posts

Back