Meccano Scroll Saw in action....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks as though it works really well! :)
better than the one i've bought me thinks :lol:

The business!

You'll have Hegner worried if they see that :lol: .

JAYJAY":2itlz1z3 said:
that looks as though it works really well! :)
better than the one i've bought me thinks :lol:

Looks can be deceptive: I'm cutting light "aero" plywood there, very soft, and there's quite a lot of vibration in the upper arm, you need to have your wits about you cutting out a puzzle with that thing. But in fact the groove of the cut keeps the upper arm reasonably honest, although you do have to work the piece with confidence and a light touch.

Nevertheless I've sold work made with it! Which is very satisfying, to sell a piece of work made on a machine you built yourself, no matter how 'toy-like' it is.

Amazing Chris!
It work! And watching a professional scroller work makes me think I have lot and lot of wood to cut before reaching 1/10 of the speed...

Next year trying with Lego:lol:?
Alberto

I think it just shows what a difference experience makes. Even with that vibration you're still working much faster than I can. I know speed isn't an issue but I wish I could turn the piece the way you do!

How long have you been scrolling Chris?

Good job by the way!

Sean

I've cut this peice of wood twice but it's still too short!

Thanks Alberto and BLM!

I've been using a scrollsaw for three years now, and that version of the Meccano saw for two years. My "proper" saw is an Axminster AWSF18.

As for the speed, I think it is easier to cut a freehand jigsaw puzzle than to cut to a pattern line. At least, I find it so. Once you are in the groove, so to speak, your eyes imagine the line you want to cut and then your hands move almost automatically.

Back