MDF Wardrobe doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

i've made a few MDF wardrobes for customers but want to try some new design's for the doors. They are all 18mm MDF and then painted. The ones i usually offer just have a planted mould on the front Like this :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/ ... C00143.jpg

and im wanting some other ideas that are easy and effective.

Any piccy's and explanations of how best done would be great

Thanks

Jase
Coggy

Coggy,
Faux raised panels in MDF are illustrated here. You don't need the Festool kit they use, I have done the same thing with simple strips of hard board stuck with tape. You can use a variety of bit profiles for diiferent looks.

Hi Coggy

I used this idea on kitchen doors but it would work just as well with wardrobe doors...

The doors are made in 12mm MDF with the "V" grooves were put into the face with a router, then a 6mm thick MDF strip of about 75mm wide was added around the edge to form the recessed effect. As the overall thickness was 18mm I simply used this for the smaller solid drawers. I then spray painted the whole lot with a cream paint I bought from a local supplier... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/s ... verhob.jpg

Thanks very much

Both are great ideas and i will look into offering both.

Seaco
Have you got a picture of that style on your drawer fronts ?

Jase

Coggy,

It should be fine with a hardboard template - just remember not to leave gaps at the corners of more than the radius of the bit.

I like Perform bits I have a half dozen and they are all great, leaving a very clean cut.

Jase,

I usually make templates for rectangular shapes from 4 strips of hardboard, stuck with double sided tape. As I show below. As long as the gap at the corner doesn't allow the bearing or guide bush to deviate from a straight line off the hardboard (hence the restriction on gap size), you will get a clean right angle.

Drawing1_002.jpg

waterhead37":16t4xca8 said:
I like Perform bits I have a half dozen and they are all great, leaving a very clean cut.

I will second Chris's comment, I have growing collection of Perform cutters, good cutters at a good price and I am not on commission. :shock:

Latest posts

Back