Maybe because I'm a Londoner really.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkinob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Been in Oz for 40+ years but's right when they say that you can take the boy out of the country but not the country out of the boy.
Enjoyed doing this but it had some some challenges, for me anyway.
Hope the picture arrives!
Regards,
Bob H.
About 19 inches long, plan from Hobbies of Dereham.
Australian Sheoak mainly, American White Oak overlays and a bit of West Australian Jarrah (the darker timber). Finished with danish oil.
stpauls1.jpg
[/img]

Cor.....

It's magnificent. I bet it took ages to make. If I had something like that, I'd put it in a glass case to keep dust off. And I'd have it somewhere everyone could see it.

=D> =D> =D>

Gill

Thank's for the kind remarks, a test will be next Tuesday when I present it at the local scroll saw club!!!
---
The roof panels are fixed but wouldn't be problem to build otherwise. Howecer there are window and entrance openings which might not suit storage. As the windows under the dome are "see through" SHOULD I build it again I would try to accomodate some lighting - those 'led' lights I read about, into the building and the dome.
--
I don't keep a note of the time to build, 'scrolling' keeps me occupied and a reason to get out of bed!
Dusting is no problem as my wife isn't too keen on the bits and pieces I do so generally I unload them onto an unfortunate daughter, or two, I have four.
--
The model is currently perched on top of small cupboard so that I look up at it. I reckon it's a pity that Christoper W. didn't find a decent hill for it when he rebuilt - it (the actual) would look extra 'speccy' - like the Acropolis I reckon.
Bob H.

Back