Mattresses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yojevol":2jsbdgj5 said:
There seems to be a misconception about what 'Memory' actually is. What it memorises is the form in which it was originally manufactured, so it always returns to its as-new shape. It deforms to any body shape lying on it thus giving constant all over support.
So what does 'memory' really mean - all foams that I have seen expand back to their original shape? But perhaps I need to adjust my expectations.....
Yojevol":2jsbdgj5 said:
The biggest downside is heat dissipation because your lying on a big lump of insulation
Damn, that rules out memory foam anyway as SWMBO runs hot anyway.

We last changed our mattress 2 or 3 years ago, can't remember but bought from the first manufacturer offering 100 night trial. Australian company " Sleeping Duck". We had a memory foam topped mattress before that but this one was instantly comfortable for both of us.
I think a new mattress takes at least a week or so to get used to and when the company rang me after a month to see how it was doing I said I had wondered whether the firmer mattress may have been even better, they promptly sent me the relevant foam layer FOC without needing the original returned, as it happens the medium was firm enough. They told me that any returns they do get are restored to as new condition and given to charities.

Several other companies have followed their lead and there are now a number of choices so you can't lose, especially if you made sure you got a replacement before switching. Modern ones have several layers which zip together and they've tried hard to put in materials to dissipate heat etc. Ours has a latex layer and bamboo fibre top above the memory foam.3 other members of my family now has bought and are very happy.
https://www.sleepingduck.com/uk/mattres ... gJcb_D_BwE

+1 for sleeping duck. We bought one a year ago. The medium was a bit firm so they sent a soft and it was perfect. Best mattress we’ve ever had

Latex mattress is very comfortable. You'll probably want a memory foam topper because it's very firm though if you're not used to it. Best thing I've bought in my house.

as in my post up a bit. We got rid of our latex mattress just before Christmas, complete with the mem foam topper. Even with the topper it was too hard and the foam ensemble just made it too dammed hot to boot.

We now have our new CottonSafe no chemical mattress and it is very comfortable indeed. It's been on the bed about a month now and we wish we had got it a long time ago! Made in England, well Devon, with English components apart from the cotton I believe, and that suits us nicely thank you.

Back