Mattress Positioner Height Thingy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
solid is part of plan
but it is still in planning stage...has been for months

but I must start this soon...and i only have weekends.... i bet i take a week off work when i start to panic

Steve

I think this would be a good start to draw inspiration
KC19326_l.jpg

Its relatively straight at the ends, there is a bit of shape to the ends but is easily achievable with planks. The only bit I can see a struggle with is the rounded rail on the ends of the cot but you can always change that to your own design

Simplest thing I can come up with for the legs or corners is below.

corner bracket and dowels as explained above and a second rebate to slot the panels into.
The shaped work I would make from separate pieces and attach over the top of the leg rather than trying to shape a full corner post.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 24
that is design i like

minus the drawers..as will build a small unit next to it with changing platform and drawers

the front and back will be simple spindles...made onlathe...which i havent used yet :oops:

if u look closely the cot \bed splits at the middle of head \ tail board for conversion

rounded rail should be achievable on lathe i hope
could turn and slice through length to 2 semi circles

2 semi circles would be easier i think, in way of getting a good fixing to the cot end anyway, dont forget plenty of build pics too!

tool-me-up":3u69r36r said:
You would slide the rails into the notches at both sides ( or ends depends which way you choose to do it )
and then drop the mattress frame on top - followed by the mattress, sheets, quilts and hopefully a child lol

Just incase the child wants to bounce around once mattress frame is on top of rails I would screw them to mattress base from underside to they cant be wiggled back out

If you do happen to drop a child onto the mattress and they bounce about :shock: please note that the authorities take a dim view of you screwing them them to the mattress base from the underside in an effort to prevent bounce out :p :lol:

Following on from help from tool-me-up
the plan is to make the dowelled blocks full width..one piece each end instead of 2
I will chamfer this rail dowel block along one edge so that if one end of mattress needs lifting they can be flipped and offset by one peg
I can then fit a block underneath the mattress base that will in effect hold\push these in place (no need to screw it then)

Thankyou for all your advice

I just need to get on and prep the timbers :D

Steve

What's wrong with the old "deck chair" type adjustment - there must be millions of those scattered around the country still giving good service.

ever had a deck chair collapse :(

or laughed at someone who has :D

I am open to ideas and not cross this off list
could it be made secure. If little one jumps up and down?

that looks do-able

and quite neat

I guess I would strap the 4 corners together and cut them as one so they are identical

wishing had a sliding table now :(

Bandsaw or handsaw job

I did look at it and think drill 35mm holes and cut the side off to make a similar recess maybe :oops:

Steve

As long as the two ends where the same it shouldn't matter to much. and it you do 100mm or so increments you shouldn't have to cut to many.

If you are drilling holes clamp the two uprights and drill through the join leaving half round cut outs.

Pete

Back