Matt filler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a piece of salted beech with a small gap that needs filling. It already has finish on, but this can be removed by sanding and reapplied, or touched up if necessary.

The hole is in endgrain, where the wood was a bit punky. It is on the edge of a spalting line, do a dark brown or black would be best.

The finish is flat and matt. Is there anything that I can use as filler that won't shine when light hits it. The end grain is polished to 400 or 600 grit if that makes a difference.

I need the smallest amount of filler- 1/4 of the size of a paracetamol tablet would be plenty. Bonus points for anything that I may have around the house!

Um um um, sounds interesting! Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cornflour and tea spoon v string coffee mixed to a pste

ColeyS1":hm0xr5rg said:
Um um um, sounds interesting! Any pictures?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I will take one tomorrow. It is the top of a pepper grinder, so prob less interesting than you think.

Mix instant or finely ground coffee to paste with medium or thick CA and apply with spatula.

(don't try to use Thin CA it will set instantly)

I had assumed that the ca would be gloss. may be simpler than I realised.

marcros":krwwshqs said:
Are you not going to have to blend sand it? if so stop at appropriate grit before it polishes.

CHJ":fa8vzh48 said:
marcros":fa8vzh48 said:
Are you not going to have to blend sand it? if so stop at appropriate grit before it polishes.

yes, I will have to do that, I just had not considered it that way.

Back