Matt Estlea : Free online woodworking School

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been enjoying his videos for a few years now, he was one of the first youtubers I found when I started thinking about getting in to woodworking and I really like his style and approach to both teaching and videos.
I'd like to spend some time working through this course when it's released as previously all my learning has been on projects from round the house with no planned progression of skill.

What an absolute gem!
I really like the way he's built it up from basics/first principles.
And the level of detail is good - genuinely education not just entertainment.

Thank you for posting the link.

I missed the live broadcast but have just subscribed.
I like the way he really has gone right back to basics with his tutorials (at least according to the titles of the videos)
Great link Thank you.
Garno

I must be missing something? I couldn't for the life of me work out how to sign up to it, cheers.

thetyreman":6f7v2oih said:
I must be missing something? I couldn't for the life of me work out how to sign up to it, cheers.
Go to the online school page and there's a box to put your email in.
You can also subscribe to his channel on YouTube and click the bell to get notifications.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Demusss":3sldqpgz said:
thetyreman":3sldqpgz said:
Go to the online school page and there's a box to put your email in.
You can also subscribe to his channel on YouTube and click the bell to get notifications.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That looks to only be for the newsletter. For the course, it looks like you need to sign up /login. There should be a link in the top right of each training video

e.g https://www.mattestlea.com/post/how-to-sharpen-a-chisel

Hi all,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the format of the school. After working on it for so long, it's such a relief to see that people feel they are going to benefit from it!

I apologise in advance for some of the older videos. I'm going to be polishing these up over the coming months as well as getting stuck into some projects. Any questions or feedback, please feel free to fire them my way and I'll do my best to answer :)

Have a good day and thank you for the support!

- Matt

Welcome to the site Matt,

Looking forward to watching your videos, Such a good idea putting up a free school.

Deadeye":1hdwsi1u said:
What an absolute gem!
I really like the way he's built it up from basics/first principles.
And the level of detail is good - genuinely education not just entertainment.

Thank you for posting the link.

Agreed. I've enjoyed and learned quite a bit from his channel. I think bringing his mate (Rob) onboard was a good move, theres some good comedy moments between them and the video production/editing is amazing. No disrespect to Matt, his editing was also great.

Had a quick flick through the school part of the site, some excellent stuff on there. Some good practical and theory lessons which are very similar to what you get in your usual education establishment, the projects also seem to be good, gradual steps up in skill as well, not one day you're making you first M&T joint and the next you're building a huge dresser :D

I really do like the videos also, although I don't watch many. It's nice to have someone in the woodworking community that isn't trying to constantly sell something to the naive woodworker such as a $250 Dovetail saw just because "You need it" to make decent dovetail joints. Or £175 on winding sticks because they're made or terrified timber or whatnot :lol: I find Matt's videos less about that and more about "Yes, you could buy that tool because it's nice, but this one at half the price would also do the job just fine". No real agenda being pushed, just making good videos, I like it.

Back