Mate o planer advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shankat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
dies anyone have experience of using the Matebo HC260 surface planer thicknesser? I’m not interested in the thicknesser as I have a perfectly good Makita one but I’m looking for a decent surface planer at around the £700 mark and this seems to have a cast iron bed etc etc.
before I press the button would be grateful for any feedback anyone has. Many thanks

I presume you mean Metabo…. The newer versions have an aluminium table not sure about the older models but I think they may have been pressed steel? I have one and it’s OK but only just OK. I would try and find something used with the cast tables for £700 even if it’s one of the Axminster Hobby variants as they’re better than the Metabo it my opinion, I certainly wish I’d have stretch and bought one as they were around £700 new compared to £540 for the Metabo and that was only 2 years ago….

edit. The thicknesser table is cast but not the planer.

I presume you mean Metabo…. The newer versions have an aluminium table not sure about the older models but I think they may have been pressed steel? I have one and it’s OK but only just OK. I would try and find something used with the cast tables for £700 even if it’s one of the Axminster Hobby variants as they’re better than the Metabo it my opinion, I certainly wish I’d have stretch and bought one as they were around £700 new compared to £540 for the Metabo and that was only 2 years ago….

edit. The thicknesser table is cast but not the planer.
Thanks Richard, appreciate the heads up. I am thinking of stretching to the Axminster if I can.

Back