Matchfit system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

Well the concept is great, making benchtops and jigs is really easy and plenty of ideas around. The actual Microjig clamps are really good and in my opinion are a tad expensive but for what they deliver is acceptable, similar sized Bessey clamps are around £26 a pair but you can buy ten for £104 when the Microjig clamps are £50 a pair or as some joker has worked out £150 for four! The Bessey clamps are more heavy duty and apply more pressure. Now for the Matchfit hardware, green plastic with brass inserts and an american thread. Yes it does exactly what they say it can do and is really am integral part of their system BUT in excess of £13 for a few bits of plastic seems way to much. I would say there is as much plastic in the packaging as in the product and hopefully someone will produce comparable items or Matchfit realise the expense and reprice. Anyone else out there having siilar thoughts or alternative suggestions?

Like you I think it's a great system but the clamps and bits are eywateringly expensive, copying festool? I'm currently having a dabble with the AXCALIBER T-SLOT CUTTER FOR TRACK CLAMPS from Axminster since I already have a pair of cheapish makita track clamps. So far it's working well for a jointing jig for the table saw. Probably not as versatile as the microjig system but much cheaper after the initial router bit purchase.

Hi

Yes it is probably the best system for clamping items down and at any position whilst actually giving bench dogs and the parf jig a new purpose. Use Micro jigs for clamping and bench dogs for keeping things square and aligned but as you say not cheap especially those little green plastic bits. I suppose to a point you have to look at its functionality and decide if this is worth the money not the actual clamps.

Back