Masking tape

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for good stuff not the paper rubbish which always seems to tear or the glue degrades within weeks of buying it so that the second roll doesn't work.

I need something that will adhere to a plastic sheet so that it will cover fabrics/ carpet but not stick so hard to painted surfaces that it will strip them on removal.

Basically, I've got myself (homer) involved in replacing a staircase ie the spindles, banisters, newels etc for a client and I need to strip and stain/ refinish the existing timber around it. The treads are open riser and carpeted so the danger to carpets/ walls etc is large!

All advice/ help gratefully received.

Cheers

Tim

Go to a proper painter/decorator supplier - my local one is Glenwoods,and they have an amazing range (low tack,high tack,green stuff,white stuff..) and will give better advice.

Thanks PT. Thats what I'm looking for (although ideally online on account of living in the middle of nowhere). Can anyone suggest a good online supplier?

Cheers

Tim

tim dont leave the tape on to long ie days weeks it will dry out and then it sticks good style .

frank

And if you've had it a while and think it needs rejuvenating, chuck it in the microwave for a few seconds. Honest! .... Just a few though :shock:

Scott":zld7oj3m said:
And if you've had it a while and think it needs rejuvenating, chuck it in the microwave for a few seconds. Honest! .... Just a few though :shock:

But don't let the wife catch you though!

If I may guide folks back on track :roll:

- I'm looking for a good online supplier of decorative supplies. The masking tape will not be on for longer than 5 days but it does need to be good, robust stuff that won't tear or let stuff seep through or creep under.

Thanks

Tim

Latest posts

Back