Martin, the old girl did good

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loftyhermes

Established Member
Reaction score
Martin, remember the A1 restoration project you gave me? well I thought you'd like to know that the old girl has just finished a two day demo at Papplewick pumping stations Easter steaming event and gave an excellent performance. Here she is all ready for the second days action, can't say I was though, treadling all day has made my legs ache.
happy scrolling
Steve

Attachments

• DSC00467.JPG
    DSC00467.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 755
  • DSC00469.JPG
    DSC00469.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 755
Nice one, Steve. =D> By the way, I finished the other one and eventually sold it on. Once it was in one piece and working, I didn't really have space for it, but it went to a retired gent who I suspect is enjoying it now.

there is a broken one of these (or at least something similar) upstairs in the wood storage area where I go to college. Always wondered if it still works and what it would be like to use one, I sort of like the idea of them in a way. Really need to get round to asking one of the tutors or technicians about it... in all the time I've been at college there I've never seen it being used or even moved, seems a shame really

AnLasair":3kj8u1t3 said:
there is a broken one of these (or at least something similar) upstairs in the wood storage area where I go to college. Always wondered if it still works and what it would be like to use one, I sort of like the idea of them in a way. Really need to get round to asking one of the tutors or technicians about it... in all the time I've been at college there I've never seen it being used or even moved, seems a shame really
Start and pester the life out of them for it, offer a bit of money if you like but I would be all over them like a rash until they let me have it.
happy scrolling
Steve

Back