Martin T-75 Starter question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldhof

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Martin T-75 sliding table saw and have an electrical issue I'm not sure how to solve. I'm told that members of this list (particularly one "9fingers") would know more about European type starters.

The problem I have is that a previous owner of the machine removed the emergency stop switch, simply wiring the leads together so that the circuit was closed and the motor would run. They left the cord in place, and while moving the machine the dangling cord got caught under a roller and was pulled off.

The wires in the cord were labeled 2 and 3. I know where wire 2 goes, since half of it was still in the box. Its the other wire I'm not sure where connects. The lead is not long and has a tab. It looks like it connected somewhere behind the pushbutton block on the lower left inside the starter. There is one empty terminal behind the thing with the two buttons (round black things between the three wires). Might this be were the wire goes?

These two wires connect to the NC (normally closed) emergency stop button.

A copy of a manual came with the saw, but the wiring diagram is so poorly copied that it is almost illegible.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I would post a photo of the interior of the starter, but I keep getting a notice that says my account does not have permission to do so.

Many thanks!

George

tool613":1cbbd6vq said:
got any Pics George?

jack

Yes, but for some reason I get a notice that I do not have permission to post links, photos, etc.

As it is, I managed to get a wiring diagram from Martin and figured out where the stray wire went, although if I blow it up tomorrow I'll probably be right back here wondering what went wrong ;-)

George

how this George

MartinStarterLabelled.jpg

MartinStarterCloser.jpg

jack
English machines

LOL - yep - there ya go! Thanks, Jack. ;-))

I attached the stray wire to that terminal the arrow is pointing to in the lower photo and the emergency shut off button seems to work perfectly. Apparently, there is not much amperage going through this line since its fairly small gauge wire.

Thanks for the assist!

George

Waldhof":2uljhdmc said:
.... I would post a photo of the interior of the starter, but I keep getting a notice that says my account does not have permission to do so.

Many thanks!

George
Links to external URL's for images are restricted by the spam trap until you have at least 3 posts.
You can however upload an image direct to the UKW server with the "Upload attachment > add file" dialogue as long as the file size is 256KB or less.

CHJ":3t7qzuin said:
Waldhof":3t7qzuin said:
.... I would post a photo of the interior of the starter, but I keep getting a notice that says my account does not have permission to do so.

Many thanks!

George
Links to external URL's for images are restricted by the spam trap until you have at least 3 posts.
You can however upload an image direct to the UKW server with the "Upload attachment > add file" dialogue as long as the file size is 256KB or less.

That makes sense plus its more convenient to upload to the UKW server instead of going through a third party site. Thanks for the information!

George

Back