• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Marples / Record 145 holdfast collars

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aden30mm

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for (2 if possible) 145 hold fast collars, they have a 22mm ish hole. I have two mint collars in original packaging for 1 inch or 25mm holes. I'm happy to exchange or straight purchase 22mm hole - 145 collars.

Don’t know if it’s of any use I have two maybe more brand-new in boxes 27 mm holes work perfectly on 25 mil shaft, I bought them all for two Axminster holdfasts that it turned out were made of cheese! Cast iron shafts on a holdfast- crazy
I had some new shafts made by local engineers, have decided to stop using them altogether and have now gone on to Gramercy wrought iron, and they don’t need collars just a three-quarter inch hole.
Ps Try drilling a 22 mm-ish hole in a block of scrap and put in the vice and test to see if you actually need any collars.
Pps just noticed you’re in Lincolnshire, rare as hens teeth on here.
Ian

I've just turned some yew, so I'll use that for the holdfast, if it get chewed up, simple job making a new one. In a past life I would have cast a new one.

Thanks for input, I've just picked up another 145, I like them, always have.

Yeah its a bit of a woodworking void here in Lincolnshire.

Don’t know if it’s of any use I have two maybe more brand-new in boxes 27 mm holes work perfectly on 25 mil shaft, I bought them all for two Axminster holdfasts that it turned out were made of cheese! Cast iron shafts on a holdfast- crazy
I had some new shafts made by local engineers, have decided to stop using them altogether and have now gone on to Gramercy wrought iron, and they don’t need collars just a three-quarter inch hole.
Ps Try drilling a 22 mm-ish hole in a block of scrap and put in the vice and test to see if you actually need any collars.
Pps just noticed you’re in Lincolnshire, rare as hens teeth on here.
Ian

my mate lives in the next village to you- Nettleton. I haven't been there for years though.

Aden 30 have I got it right? You’re going to turn up some collars out of Yew? If you are that’s brilliant, I can just imagine that Yew set in the surface of a bench. It would look stunning. I have the 145's in my bench at home, and I agree with you they work very well. Check out the Gramercy ones just a quick wallop with a mallet.
Whereabouts are you in Lincolnshire by the way? Or PM me. Ian

Marcros, yes it’s so close. I know a few people there. I see you’re from Leeds, I did my teacher training there in Headingley, happy days But bloody hard work compared to university students now from what I can gather. Even then we had an invigilator from the university, and at the end of the second year, looking at 2 years work, he assumed he was looking at just one years work! Ian

Marcros, yes it’s so close. I know a few people there. I see you’re from Leeds, I did my teacher training there in Headingley, happy days But bloody hard work compared to university students now from what I can gather. Even then we had an invigilator from the university, and at the end of the second year, looking at 2 years work, he assumed he was looking at just one years work! Ian

Small world, I am next to headingley in kirkstall, my daughter is in school in headingley.

Hi, yes a very small world. Kirkstall, haven’t heard that name in the long time. I’ll say one thing for you Yorkshireman, you know how to brew good beer!

Back