Marking Square (?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

I don't know how this tool is called so, I called it "marking square"...maybe somebody will correct me...

I found those plastic drawing triangles very, very accurate so, instead of buying one of those metal marking triangles..that are changing "moods" according to the season (and from checking them in the shops - not so accurate), I made them from more stable materials like plywood or plastic.

For the base, you can use any man-made board like, plywood, MDF or even "floor panels" because they have very consistent thickness.

Usually, I use 8 mm floor panels [the Formica "loves" CA (super-glue)], for the big triangles but, for that one on the pics that is 2mm thick, I used 4 mm plywood

After the modification, you can still use the triangle to check for squareness.

And the rest is very simple...

Regards
niki

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

We used to call the plastic ones set squares - you could also get adjustable ones called ...... guess - yes - adjustable squares! :lol:

Another great idea Niki - excellent photos as usual

Rod

Great idea.

Particularly as large engineer's squares are very expensive.

I believe draughtsman's squares?

David

Thank you so much

Rod
I have also the adjustable one but I keep it in a special drawer...

David
And what made me more angry was that I paid 20 Pounds ($40) for one of those "engineers square" and it lost its "squareness"...the plastic and plywood will not do it to me...

Regards
niki

Back