Marking gauge overkill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philipp

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's very impressive metalwork, and each to his own, but it may be worth remembering that putting a mark in the right place is only part of the battle - it's more important to learn to saw or plane or chisel exactly up to that mark, and no further.

bobscarle":21nza8nu said:
Wow, didn't understand a word, but the tool, fabulous!

The discussion there on the German forum is as well about the pro and cons (and hows) of such an overkill in a simple tool , the like Andy T and Mike Cheese pointed out.

But there is overkill in planes, saws, chisels, marking knives and so on, too, however, apparently more accepted.

Regards, Philipp

Absolutely beautiful German engineering...fantastic design...simply gorgeous.

I don't care whether it's overkill or not...it has to exist simply because it can!

Makes me wonder how long the "Jimi's Milling Machine Fund" will take to build up again now that it has turned into the "Jimi's Daughter's Wedding Fund"!!! :?

Jim

Blister":3oo866wo said:
"Jimi's Daughter's Wedding Fund"!!! :?

Wow =D>

How thoughtful Jim =D> =D>
She will love a Milling machine as a wedding present :mrgreen:

Brilliant mate!!! Simply brilliant! :mrgreen:

I don't somehow think it would work though....

They wanted to get married in Corfu which I wholeheartedly supported. Then I accidentally let slip that I wanted to visit "Tom's Place" to pick up some olivewood....they have strangely gone off the idea now.... :?

Kids!! :mrgreen:

Jim

Nice looking tool but I'd sooner it have a pencil or marker than a sharp nail ...
it's not a marking gauge, it's a marking scratcher ...

woodpig":3xxzfwvv said:
Nice looking tool but I'd sooner it have a pencil or marker than a sharp nail ...
it's not a marking gauge, it's a marking scratcher ...

That's not a sharp nail but a lead of a pencil, used when the wood is not supposed to get damaged. Otherwise Batman uses a steel needle.

Latest posts

Back