Quantcast

Marketplace guidelines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
Hi Mods,

I've noticed quite a few people, mainly newcomers, breach the 'marketplace guidelines' when they post for sale messages.

I don't have an opinion about the rules themselves, except a general one: moderating buying/selling is a PITA for the moderators, and the rules, however good or annoying some of them are, do generally help everyone. I know it's a nuisance, but I'm glad you do it, as it helps.

My question/comment is purely practical: I'm sure the guidelines used to be a sticky at the top of that area of the forum, now they don't seem to be there any more. It may be me (up-to-date Firefox on XP with NoScript), but I don't think so.

Even if they come back as a sticky, is there a mods equivalent of Leicester Square neon lights to make them obvious, or can you interrupt the posting process for that section, with a message just to make sure people have to read the rules before posting?

Just thought it might reduce the overall admin burden.

Glad you're doing it though!

E.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Eric, I can assure you that Marketplace guidelines is still at the top of FS/W and it is also still a sticky.

As for the neon light idea, personally I too would like some sort of way to draw members attention to the sticky's. I will ask Charley if anything like this available.

Cheers

Mike

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts Eric. As it happens currently looking at a "tick box to ensure you have read, understood and agree to abide by Market Place guidelines" kinda thing.

Latest posts