Market Research Question 2: 5 litre tins

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Smart

Chestnut Products
Reaction score
Hi all again

One of our suppliers has just started supplying to us in tins with pull up spouts - hopefully many of you will know the type of thing I mean - often used with oil cans etc.

We use something similar on our five litre tins; the lid isn't supposed to come off, access to the product is via the spout.
The thing is, the ones used by our supplier are next to useless; the plastics rings you use to open them always break and pulling the spout up is nearly impossible without getting covered in the contents!
We can't check the quality of the tins we send out; once the plastic seal has been removed it cannot be replaced so checking it makes it unusable!
Does anyone out there buy our 5 ltr tins? If so, are they easy enough to open?

Again, all feedback welcome.

Thanks

Hi Terry, I've bought your products in the 5 litre tins and never had any problems compared to Cuprinol where you have to pull the plastic ring to open (on the 5 litre tins) and end up getting covered in the product :roll: :D

Slightly off thread but;

I think some of the suppliers of finishes to the home market purposely supply their products in containers that have caps that are intended not to reseal properly thereby allowing evaperation etc.
Also had tins where the bottom have rusted out.
I keep a few plastic milk containers spare knocking around these days.
Also plastic paint containers are troublesome, the seal damages when opened.
I suspect one day there will be an outcry because I am sure they are a fire risk (especially in certain types of workshops)

Nothing above is directed at your business, just observation of different products.

Back