Marbling Woodworking Machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinlightfoot

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just taken delivery of my new TA315 Sedgwick table saw,my dealings have been with MWM and I would like to say what a good firm they are.There were some issues with the saw which was delivered directly from Sedgwick these issues were quickly sorted by Marklin sending out one of their engineers who set up the machine as it should have been from Sedgwick.For anyone thinking of buying from Sedgwick I would recommend close inspection on delivery as their QC doesn’t seem as rigorous as it used to be .MWM were excellent and can be recommended.Just looking forward to using my new machine now.

It's a bit disappointing to hear that the saw wasn't as it should be when you received it, you would expect a bit of fettling on the mass produced imports but not on a Sedgwick.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, great saw (y)

Yes I was disappointed ,this is the fourth new Sedgwick machine I have purchased over a period of 30 years or so and the only one with which I have had problems as I have said their quality control seem to have lapsed,Marklin Machinery of Leicester have sorted it for me and I cannot praise them enough,excellent family firm. However for the price you shouldn’t have any problems at all.

A machinery supplier I know said that Sedgwick were trying to save on production to keep their prices down, for example the TA315 sliding table is now made of square section steel where it used to be cast.

They need to keep the quality high to set themselves apart from all the imported stuff available. It will be interesting to see if their current machinery is still going strong in 25+ years like their old stuff.

I have just taken delivery of my new TA315 Sedgwick table saw,my dealings have been with MWM and I would like to say what a good firm they are.There were some issues with the saw which was delivered directly from Sedgwick these issues were quickly sorted by Marklin sending out one of their engineers who set up the machine as it should have been from Sedgwick.For anyone thinking of buying from Sedgwick I would recommend close inspection on delivery as their QC doesn’t seem as rigorous as it used to be .MWM were excellent and can be recommended.Just looking forward to using my new machine now.
That’s the one that I’ve been using for the last 10 years, I have been very impressed with it as I’m sure you will be. The only thing I have ever had a problem with was the rise and fall getting harder and harder to use, I couldn’t find anything in the instructions and lubricated everything except for the one little thing that I didn’t know existed which was a little bearing just behind the rise and fall wheel, behind the rubber dust strips, so out of sight, only takes half a minute and back up to full normal use again. Have fun with your new saw. Ian

The sliding table on mine is cast iron the same as my old one.

Strange :unsure: I was thinking of getting one a while ago so went to JMJ for a look, the one they had on display had the square section steel table and it was them who said that Sedgwick were cutting costs which put me off a bit.

In fact it was this very one I looked at

https://jmjwood.co.uk/products/sedgwick-ta-315-sawbench
Seems like other places still show it with a cast sliding table

https://www.axminstertools.com/sedgwick-ap315-c-w-620mm-sliding-table-415v-340058
Who knows what's going on :dunno:

Back