Map Gas Empties

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niall Y

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a question I've been puzzling recently. How do folks here dispose of their empty Map-gas cylinders? We're not talking about the flimsy type containers that go along with the small hand held blowlamps, but the more substantial, thick-walled, yellow ones
The problem being , that there is always a small residue of gas left in the cylinder. With the old-type ones, I could always poke the valve down to release the last of the gas, before puncturing the can and disposing of it in the bin.
I am loathe to just chuck them in the bin even with a tiny amount of gas in them and now have quite a collection under my workbench.

Ask your local council recycling centre. They should be able to take them for safe disposal.

This is the problem with a lot of containers not just gas ones; the manufactures don't take any responsibility on how they are to be disposed of.

We used to get small containers of specialized gasses; a lot in aluminium cylinders and nobody would take them back. Somebody suggested we should take them out into a big field, release the gas, collect them later and put them in the scrap bin.

Latest posts

Back