Manufacturers' guarantees

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Student

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of De Walt's extended 3 year warranty? I bought a DW 755 thicknesser in mid-October and then went on holiday for over 2 weeks and have just got around to looking at the leaflet about the 3 year guarantee. This says that the product must be registered within 4 weeks of purchase. I can see that they wouldn't want purchasers to use a tool for several months before registering it but 4 weeks seems a bit short. If you order a tool and pay for it, then wait for a fortnight for delivery then take a fortnight to unpack it, you're already past the 4 week deadline. In my case. delivery was a few days after I paid for it, it was a couple of days before I unpacked, then used it for a couple of days and then I went on holiday. The problem is that, on the DW website, there doesn't seem to be any way of querying their deadline.

Sorry...tough. Welcome to the real world. It's not worth your time or effort in trying to pursue this. Once upon a time when companies cared about customer service but not now.

send it off as requested. you will have consumer law on your side if it goes wrong, which it probably won't.

Register it anyway, but your contract is with the seller. Make sure you keep the till receipt. If you have a problem you go to where you bought it. They have to sort it with the manufacturer.
The makers warranty forms are more about market research.

Back