Manual for Elu E40001 Dovetail Router Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having just bought an Elu E40001 dovetail router jig I have found there is no instruction manual with it. I think I have sussed out the setup but a manual will help to speed up future setups. Does anyone have a copy they can share online please?

I'm sure there are manuals for the trend equivalents online. Start there. They are fairly close copies.
The stock Elu jig uses a very small diameter guide bush. The cutter won't pass through it so you must fix the guide bush in place, plunge the router and only then insert the bit into the collet. Once done, the plunge can be tweaked up and down but never released. A fine height adjuster will protect you from forgetting and releasing the plunge lock.
This aspect of the jig is an inconvenience so why did they do it that way ?
It means that the fingers of the jig are equal width with the gaps between.
Trend's equivalent uses a far wider guide bush so you can withdraw the cutter through the bush.
The downside is that the fingers of the jig are very narrow and prone to damage. I've seen two Trend dovetail jigs that were both wrecked because of damaged fingers - probably due to careless handling.

The Elu jig clamp bars used to be finished in orange enamel paint. It doesn't provide a very reliable grip so use double sided tape and stick some medium coarse emery paper on the inside surfaces.

Have fun :)

Back