Man's best friend.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like it, but I accept that if people didn't abuse animals the checks would not be necessary.
Once again it's a case of the decent members of society paying for the misdemeanours of the criminal few. That's life!

Roy.

Digit":3hji8yut said:
I don't like it, but I accept that if people didn't abuse animals the checks would not be necessary.
Once again it's a case of the decent members of society paying for the misdemeanours of the criminal few. That's life!

Roy.

I agree but it is a matter of the organizers of the rescue trusts trying to avoid a "Frying pan, Fire" situation.

Staffs are great with children.

Its how you rear dogs, all types of dogs can be nasty.

IMG_0163.JPG

My admin girl at work ( she has a staffie rescue puppy as well and her and my dog are here at the office/workshop all day with us , which is great) regularly looks on the Battersea dogs home website and its heartbreaking seeing all those lovely dogs there ( I want to have more dogs, but SWMBO is adamant..) You know that most of them will end up being euthanised.

I have heard from a friend who wanted to adopt a dog through the RSPCA that the criteria are so strict, its virtually impossible to satisfy them. We for instance would not be passed, which is crazy. My wife was so mad about it, she cancelled her monthly sub to them... I appreciate they want to be sure dogs go to good homes, but ruling people out because they are not near a big park etc is crazy...

Cheers, mark

It was a story of that kind Mark that caused my to start this thread, the reporter commented that it was harder than adopting a child. As I said earlier, I can understand the reason for checks, but there are check and there are checks!
My vet has tended our dogs for over 20 yrs, I think his word should be sufficient.

Roy.

Back