mallee and gidgee decanter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughie

Established Member
Reaction score
This came from a rather flatish burl hence the shape and the stopper is gidgee. Finished with DO and Wipe-on-Poly 6"x6"
The brown colour was a challenge to get to come out ok.

Attachments

• Mallee decanter 002.jpg
    Mallee decanter 002.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 863
  • Mallee decanter 004.jpg
    Mallee decanter 004.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 863
  • Mallee decanter 006.jpg
    Mallee decanter 006.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 863
That is an object of absolute beauty and looks so tactile. I think the shape is as near perfect as any human can get it.I would be chuffed to bits if it graced my sideboard. In other words, I think it`s OK.
Let`s see more, please.
Frank.

WOW fantastic love the shape, like Frank i would love to own it and better still i would have loved to have created it =D> =D> =D>

Berns

Another Beaut Hughie , do you have a market for all this stuff or are you hording :lol: :lol:
I cant imagine you having a problem selling it on . =D>

do you have a market for all this stuff or are you hording

They walk out the door by them selves it seems. :D LOML seems to have no trouble in getting rid of them :lol: :lol:

Yes they are hard, but then just about all the good turning timber here fits that category here. :cry: So thats all I know :lol:
OK some are worse than others, I tend to shy away from Burls [Burrs] off long dead trees unless I am desparate. These sort of burls are muchharder than the norm.

It usually turns into a body and bone shaking experience that lasts an hour or so, I stagger off to work to recuperate :lol:

Back